Google maps requires an API key in order to show the map. If you see an error: Ooops! Something went wrong then you have to add a Google API key to your site that will allow you to use Google maps.
Step 1 – Get the API key
Follow these steps to get an API key:
- Go to the Google API Console.
- From the dropdown, choose Create a Project and click Continue
- This process may take a minute. You will see some notifications and a spinning bell icon.
- Click What Credentials Do I Need?
- Under Get your Credentials, copy the API Key
In the Google API Console, you can also look up an existing key or view a list of enabled APIs.
Step 2 – Assign the API key
Go to Theme Options -> General -> Google Maps API Key and paste copied API key to Google Maps API Key field:
Click Save Changes and you should be able to view Google Maps on your site.